Tuesday 2 December 2008

the song remains the same


So, after three years I finally made a new version ttb, my teletekst viewer, which is especially interesting for Dutch-speakers and linguisticly-inclined people studying West-Germanic languages. The new version brings user-help and some cosmetic updates.

The program is listed as the 'official' client for Linux by the NOS (state television), and I'm getting quite some mails -- but interestingly, not one single bug in three years. To be honest, there is a bug remaining: there is too much bad news in the news section. I am working on that one, but it might take a while.

I am also preparing a Maemo-version. Interestingly, I had a version running on an 770 in early 2005 at LinuxTag, but I never got to packaging it. Anyway, the work has to wait until after my trip to a friend's wedding in the Eternal City of Rome, where I'll be flying.

As if all of that were not enough, I started a blog with tips for emacs-users; the idea is to have frequent small posts that show one useful trick: Emacs-Fu. Let's see if I succeed.

No comments: